The Lake Namakagon, WI, fall aesthetic is breathtaking, with the glorious Northwood trees painted in red, orange, and golden yellow hues. The cool crisp fall weather in Cable, WI, allows us to break out our favorite cozy sweaters and socks.
For over a century, the Rasmussen family behind Lakewoods Resort on Lake Namakagon has shared with travelers the adventure and tranquility of the Northwoods in Wisconsin. Fall is an exciting time of the year in the Lake Namakagon, WI, area so we put together a guide on how to best enjoy it.
6 Fall Activities To Enjoy Near Lake Namakagon, WI
- Roast S’mores: Of course, we can’t forget the fall staple of roasting marshmallows over a bonfire at one of the cabins on Lake Namakagon, WI.
- Cable Area Fall Festival: This event is held each year during the last weekend of September and features live music, fall dessert competitions, food vendors, carnival games, and more!
- Charter Trails: Cable, WI, is nicknamed “Charter Trail Town USA” because of the many trails for hiking, biking, snowmobiles, cross-country skiing, and ATVs. Many popular trails travel through our resort’s property, and now you can enjoy them with a gorgeous fall aesthetic. Join us October 21-23 for our Fun In The Forest ATV Benefit & Ride, with 100% donation and raffle proceeds going to charity.
- Apple Festival – Bayfield: This is a popular fall festival just a one-hour drive from the Lake Namakagon and Cable, WI, area. Come to enjoy good food, live music, the Apple Festival Queen crowning, and Grand Parade!
- Cranberry Festival – Stone Lake: Just a little under an hour’s drive from the Lake Namakagon and Cable, WI area, this fall festival has over 300 craft & food vendors and tons of fall fun!
- Bayfield Ghost Walk: This is a highly-rated haunted attraction nearby and is perfect for the brave traveler seeking a spooky adventure this Halloween season. On this two-hour ghost tour, you will discover the many supernatural legends of the Bayfield and Apostle Island area.
Over 100 Years of Excellence
The story of Lakewoods Resort on Lake Namakagon began in 1906 when Anna Nemec, at just 19 years old, saw the potential of her private property in Cable, WI, as becoming one of the best Wisconsin resorts. Because of her vision, her family has provided travelers a chance to experience the marvelous Wisconsin Northwoods for five generations. Plan your adventure-filled fall getaway to Lake Namakagon, WI, by booking your stay today!